|Source by eci.gov.in|
Any man/woman who is a resident of India, who got the citizenship they have the right to vote for his or her favorite candidate.
Only if the Indian citizen is 18 years or older is completely eligible for voting, so today we are going to discuss How to register to vote #India?
Before starting our main topic lets discuss about the basic requirement to register to vote.
Table of Contents
Basic Requirement to register to vote #India:
- The applicant must have Indian citizenship
- The applicant should be 18 years or older, before the applicant gets to register himself or herself as a voter.
- The applicant should be the resident of the constituency from which he or she is applying to get enrolled.
These requirements are most important for the applicant to get register to vote, the applicant must fulfill the eligibility criteria.
There are mainly two processes to register to vote which we are going to discuss in detail one by one.
How to register to vote #India?
By online procedure.
Register to voter ID the applicant must fill the form 6 on the National Voter’s Services Portal (NVSP), lets see the procedure.
- Go to the NVSP official site
|source by nvsp.in|
- Click on Login/Register (if you are a new applicant you need to register there with your mobile number, email id, epic number, and password). After completing this procedure.
|Source by nvsp.in|
- Click on Register for new elector
- With form 6 a new window open
- Fill the form carefully(personal details, residential details)
After completing the online procedure you need to submit form 6 at Electoral Registration Officer/ Assistant Electoral Registration officer.
For submitting the form 6, the applicant also needs to submit some basic document along with the form 6, the document should be certified.
There are two most needed documents is ID proof and Address Proof.
Documents required to submit form 6:
- Pan Card/Ration card/Driving License
- Bank Pass Book
- Latest Rental Agreement
- Latest Telephone/Electricity/Gas connection bill
- Birth certificate/10th mark sheet/Aadhar Card
The applicant has to submit form 6 along with the certified documents to there nearest Electoral Registration Officer.
After submitting the form 6 the applicant received the receipt of submission.
It could take around 30 to 50 days by the electoral office for giving the status of the applicant voter ID or the applicant to get informed by call or message.
How to register to vote #India?
By offline procedure
- The applicant need to visit his nearest Booth Level Officer to obtain the form 6.
- Fill form 6 carefully with his or her personal detail and residential details.
- The applicant submits Form 6 along with documents like birth proof, ID proof, Address proof.
- Two passport size photograph
The applicant should submit form 6 with required documents as we mention to the nearest Electoral Registration Office.
If the applicant doesn’t have the Voter ID card still the elector can exercise his or her right to vote by carrying their pan card, driving license, Aadhar card, and only if the elector name mentioned in the electoral roll.
As we discuss two procedures that How to register to vote #India?, one of them is online, and the other is offline. We try to explain each procedure in detail but still if you have any dought or query please contact us through comments of mails, we happy to solve your query.